Monday, March 3, 2008

Getting and Using Student Feedback

“I use exit tickets from the lesson before. Then I already know who knows and who doesn’t know what I taught the day before.”

“We moved the exit tickets from the end of the class, to the end of the lesson. Now they do it right after the lesson, they get to do their independent work if they have gotten the objective from the lesson.”

Observing Teachers and Yourself

“One of the best things to do is get into other people’s classrooms to see the best, the worst, and every practice in between.”

“I never do anything innovative. I only steal from other teachers.”

“Videotape yourself. That’s powerful.”

“I track what I’m doing in pacing my lesson. I get a post it note and put: 5, 10, 15, 20 on it. Then during the lesson I write what we were doing every 5 minutes. Am I being accurate in the pacing of my plan.”

Collaborative Planning

“Planning together helps. This is my mini-lesson that I wrote. What do you think? You make your plans open to feedback from your peers.”

“When I get into a rut. I do an interdisciplinary lesson plan. That twists my mind and twists theirs.”

No comments: